Work Progress #4
Our new terminal is a reality!
Since the beginning of the first stage of the modernization works in the Port of Veracruz, by the end of 2016 and until today; Hutchison Ports ICAVE’s Team and operative, engineering, and commercial areas among others, have reached the established goals.
The successful arrival and discharge of 2 gantry cranes Super Post Panamax on May 17th, 2018, met the first objective of reaching the dock’s length in record time. So far the wharf has a 700 m length and a depth of 15 m. The reception of the ship “Polar México” of Hamburg Süd shipping line in the new dock, proved the excellent functionality of the great work.
Progress of the work of the new port of Veracruz
The following is the current status of the construction works:
- Hutchison Ports developed 100% of the construction stages of the pier’s superstructure and substructure. Yard and Building development is part of the current goals.
- There is a lay-out design that displays improvements in the distribution areas, as well as service adaptations for the optimal operation of existing equipment in the new facilities. A third rail in the pier has also been considered.
- Installation of more than 20 thousand tons of steel to be used in the retention works (1,120 m frontal sheet piles and 1,050 m of anchoring sheet piles).
- Collocation of 13 million m3 of dredging material, placed along the 2.8 km of the wharf. By the end of phase 2, ICAVE will have 1.05 km. and the rest will be sent to several terminals.
- April 2018 marked the beginning of the construction of yards and buildings. To this day, 80 thousand m3 of concrete have been placed, with an approximate weight of 184,000 ton. This volume would have been shipped using more than 6,500 containers of 20’ to fill a Post Panamax Plus container vessel.
- To fulfill the commitment in its first stage of delivery, it is having a yield of one Hectare of Concrete Pavement per week.
We continue with the development of pavements, facilities and services, buildings, entry and exit gates, perimeter fence and CCTV.